Thursday 23 September 2010

What to wear to a wedding when breastfeeding: The Verdict

September wedding #1 (which incorported The First Flight) has been and gone - and was fabulous - but how did The Breastfeeding Dress fare?


I'm happy to report that it was a resounding success on all fronts:

a). I was able to feed LTO very easily in it by sliding each side of the V-neck open. I did have to use my Baby au Lait apron, but even though it clashed with the dress, I was willing to go with it to avoid flashing my whole boob.

b). The buttons stayed in tact, in spite of the vast quantities of food consumed. (This has led me to believe that Whistles must employ some very good button-sewers, unlike some other shops I could mention but won't on this occasion. How irritating is it to buy a shirt/dress/jacket only to find yourself sewing the bottons back on a week later?)

c). Lots of people commented on what a great dress it was and how good I looked having given birth just 3 months earlier - hurrah! Proof that it covers up a multitude of sins, including a flabby tummy, very nicely indeed.

So fellow breastfeeding ladies, get yourselves to Whistles. You might have to brace yourself at the till, but believe me, it'll be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a fabulous dress, I wished I looked as good as that 3 months post-partum!

    ReplyDelete