Tuesday 14 September 2010

The First Flight

I seem to be writing about a lot of firsts, but I guess that's what happens when you have a baby. All the things you used to do without thinking suddenly become huge challenges that require a massive amount of thought, planning and worry.

The next first looming ahead of us is The First Flight. To Ireland, for a friend's wedding, where I get to wear The Breastfeeding Dress (which is still too small, but hey ho. The buttons didn't pop off when I went on my First Night Out, so fingers crossed they'll stay put for another outing). I'm very glad we're only going short haul, but that doesn't mean I haven't been stressing about what to take for the past 2 weeks. At least when we went camping we could take pretty much everything we needed. But now we have weight restrictions in place, my inability to pack efficiently is really being put the test.

There's also all the worry about whether LTO will need a feed when we're going through customs? Should I express and take a bottle just in case, to save getting the boob out and embarrasing the security staff? What will happen when the cabin's pressurised? Etc etc. I'm sure you've all been there and survived, and I'm sure we'll get through it, but any handy tips will be gratefully received!

In the meantime I'll try very hard not to pack the entire contents of my and LTO's wardrobe.                                           

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, we took our litte one on his first flight at 6 months and I was worried about it (although it was a one way flight as we were emigrating so it wasn't the top worry on my list, but that's another story!)

    It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, am sure the same will be for you. Not sure what advice I'd give really except try not to worry too much!

    ReplyDelete